From: Johan De Smedt [mailto:johan.de-smedt@tenforce.com]
Sent: 06 August 2013 16:41
To: public-gld-comments@w3.org
Subject: DCAT comments - dataset dependecy - http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-vocab-dcat-20130801/

Dear,

Based on work we are doing in the LOD2 project please consider the following.

Data sets typically ma have dependencies.
Examples:
- subjects used for tagging a document may be detailed in one or more concept schema (available from the concept scheme data-set)
- digital objects may have dependencies among each other (e.g. in the FRBR structure a work has further details in expressions; expressions have details in manifestations)
Access and download of datasets may benefit (be more generic and be optimized) from having such dependencies formalized in DCAT.

Such dependency relationship (similar to void:subset) seems not to be captured in the current DCAT version (http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-vocab-dcat-20130801/)
If this is correct, can it be added?

Kind Regards,

Johan De Smedt