DCAT comments - dataset schema information - http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-vocab-dcat-20130801/

From: Johan De Smedt <johan.de-smedt@tenforce.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 17:29:41 +0200
To: <public-gld-comments@w3.org>
Dear,

Based on work we are doing in the LOD2 project please consider the following.

A data set distribution captures the format.

- What is not captured is a Schema.

- An XML format may comply to an XML-Schema, and RDF dataset may comply to an OWL schema, …

Specifying the schema may be relevant for interpreting and processing the provided data in a correct semantic context.

Such a property (similar to void:vocabilary) seems not to be part of the DCAT draft http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-vocab-dcat-20130801/

If this is correct, I propose to add it.

Kind Regards,

Johan De Smedt

Chief Technology Officer

mail:  <mailto:johan.de-smedt@tenforce.com> johan.de-smedt@tenforce.com