Re: ÁÐ: RegOrg ontology

Kostas, Nikos,

IHU uses RegOrg, however NTUA's classification is a profile of ORG. This
is done because our primary intention was to describe payers and payees
that are not limited to formally registered organizations.

As is stated in the ORG [1] document
> It is anticipated that profiles will either introduce sub-classes
> oforg:Organization
> <https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/org/index.html#org:Organization>or
> define a classification scheme for organizations. To support the
> latter the ontology supplies a propertyorg:classification
> <https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/org/index.html#org:classification>which
> can be used the classify an organization using a SKOS [SKOS-REFERENCE
> <https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/org/index.html#bib-SKOS-REFERENCE>]
> concept scheme.
We have taken the former approach, making the custom taxonomy's top
concept a subclass of org:Organization . This way, traversing the graph
up starting from here
http://publicspending.medialab.ntua.gr/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpublicspending.medialab.ntua.gr%2ForganizationsOntology%23PublicLegalEntity
you can see that you end up in an ORG class.

The psgr:legalStatus property is a mere transfer of the string literal
found in the General Secretariat of Information Systems (GSIS) web
service to the psgr dataset. Nikos, I know they are not plain literals,
but (pardon my ignorance if I'm wrong) they are drawn from the
psgr:legalStatus property which comes from the legal status description
found in the GSIS web service. The overlapping information and meaning I
mentioned earlier is found in GSIS, not in IHU. Sorry for any
misunderstanding.

Kind regards,
Marios Meimaris