ÁÐ: RegOrg ontology

Hi again,

just found an interesting project in Greece, as an ISA pilot use case by IHU, where they actually defined a  SKOS concept scheme for Greek Company types. There they have also included "Public Service" (ÄÇÌÏÓÉÁ ÕÐÇÑÅÓÉÁ@gr) under http://www.w3.org/ns/regorg#companyType (for greek public organizations).

I hope you can access the related resource url: http://linkeddata.ihu.edu.gr/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flinkeddata.ihu.edu.gr%2Fid%2Fgrtypes%2Fdy otherwise see at http://linkeddata.ihu.edu.gr:8080/rdf-browser/

BR,

Konstantinos

Konstantinos Kotis, PhD
Post Doctoral Research Scientist
Department of Digital Systems, University of Piraeus.
Head of IT Department
Samos Regional Unit, North Aegean Region Admin. Authority.

Greece
+30 6974822712
http://gr.linkedin.com/in/kotis
Áðü: Chris Beer [chris@codex.net.au]
ÁðïóôïëÞ: ÔåôÜñôç, 17 Áðñéëßïõ 2013 11:32 ðì
Ðñïò: Kotis Kostas
Êïéí.: phila@w3.org; public-gld-comments@w3.org
ÈÝìá: Re: RegOrg ontology

Hi Kotis

Saw this -> randomly jumping in.

My first instinct (noting the similarities in our organisations in terms of names ;) ) would be to see your example as an ORG unit/entity which has the function of Regional Administration.

If the RAB's in Greece conduct a commercial activity (as opposed to say simply setting policy priorities and administrating grant funding as a public sector function) then certainly here they would fit the description of a rov:companyType ( we call them a Government Business Enterprise or GBE - and we would link back to ORG to a Department of State and associated Cabinet Minister  through a PROV change event such as our Financial Management Act which governs how the public sector can engage with the public commercially).

I guess what I am suggesting is to look to already defined PROV and ORG entities etc, to see if a logical combination presents itself which would alleviate the creation of a bespoke concept?

2 cents worth - feel free to disregard or vehemently argue all. :)

Cheers

Chris

Chris Beer
Manager - Online Services
Department of Regional Australia, Local Government, Arts and Sport

All views my own unless otherwise stated

Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad