RegOrg ontology

From: Kotis Kostas <kotis@aegean.gr>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 10:12:40 +0300
To: "phila@w3.org" <phila@w3.org>
CC: "public-gld-comments@w3.org" <public-gld-comments@w3.org>

Dear Phil,

I am working on an ontology for 'IT helpdesk support ticketing' for public sector organizations (eGov) and I am using ORG and RegOrg vocabularies for some upper level descriptions of example data. I think that rov:companyType property is not suitable for public organizations, or is it? Introducing for instance a concept "Regional Administration Body' in order to classify an instance such as the public organization 'North Aegean Regional Administration' body of Greece, could be possbile?

Thanks in advance,

Konstantinos Kotis, PhD
Post Doctoral Research Scientist
Department of Digital Systems, University of Piraeus.
Head of IT Department
Samos Regional Unit, North Aegean Region Admin. Authority.

Greece
+30 6974822712
http://gr.linkedin.com/in/kotis