Re: [publishing-statistical-data] W3C Data Cube Last Call

Hi Franck,

Thank you for your comments.

We will respond formally on the main comments once we have determined
how to address them. I just wanted to address the questions on the
sdmx-*.ttl resources since they are separate and not subject to the Last
Call.

On 08/04/13 10:02, Cotton Franck wrote:

> Also, some comment on the Turtle resources (from Laurent Bihanic, Atos
> and Datalift project). I include the comment on sdmx-subject.ttl
> although I don't see it explicitely referred to in the spec.

Indeed they are not part of the spec. This is described in section 6.2
[1] where it says "These resources are provided as a convenience and do
not form part of the Data Cube standard at this time."

> *1.* Some URIs are not valid Turtle QNames, in sdmx-subject.ttl. In
> Turtle, the name part of a QName can't start with a number (see
> http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/turtle/#name)

That's no longer true. In the CR version of Turtle [2], which is what we
reference in the Data Cube document, PN_LOCAL allows leading numbers.

> *2.* The URN of some objects include a space characters :
>
> sdmx-concept.ttl: skos:notation
> "urn:sdmx:org.sdmx.infomodel.conceptscheme.Concept=SDMX:CROSS_DOMAIN_CONCEPTS[1.0].
> ADV_NOTICE";
> sdmx-concept.ttl: skos:notation
> "urn:sdmx:org.sdmx.infomodel.conceptscheme.Concept=SDMX:CROSS_DOMAIN_CONCEPTS[1.0].
> OBS_VALUE";
> sdmx-concept.ttl: skos:notation
> "urn:sdmx:org.sdmx.infomodel.conceptscheme.Concept=SDMX:CROSS_DOMAIN_CONCEPTS[1.0].
> STAT_POP";
> sdmx-concept.ttl: skos:notation
> "urn:sdmx:org.sdmx.infomodel.conceptscheme.Concept=SDMX:CROSS_DOMAIN_CONCEPTS[1.0].
> TIMELINESS";
> sdmx-concept.ttl: skos:notation
> "urn:sdmx:org.sdmx.infomodel.conceptscheme.Concept=SDMX:CROSS_DOMAIN_CONCEPTS[1.0].
> TIME_OUTPUT";

Those are mechanically generated from the XML so it looks like some
erroneous spaces have crept into my copy of the COG XML files. Checking
the official ones they look OK so I will get the sdmx-concept files
regenerated.

Dave

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-vocab-data-cube-20130312/#dsd-cog

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/CR-turtle-20130219/