Re: dataset and Dataset

From: Dave Reynolds <dave.e.reynolds@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 18:49:23 +0100
To: public-gld-comments@w3.org
On 06/04/13 18:13, RaphaŽl Troncy wrote:
> Dear Richard,
>
>> Multiple popular vocabularies that use this practice have been listed
>> in the thread.
>
> I have seen those. I still think this is rather anecdotal in comparison
> to the very large set of properties that has a hasXXX OR a isXXXBy  that
> one can found in the wild. Doing a quick search on LOV confirms me this.

The primary arguments I have heard in favour of hasXXX/isXXXBy are about
disambiguating the *direction* of the property. Not differentiating the
property from nearby class names.

For example I *still* have to consult the spec to remember which way
round skos:broader goes whereas long winded skos:isBroaderThan or
skos:hasBroaderConcept would be much clearer.

However, that is not the case here. I don't think there is any serious
concern about dcat:dataset being directionally ambiguous.

Dave