Re: dataset and Dataset

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 17:58:15 +0100
Cc: Phil Archer <phil@philarcher.org>, Makx Dekkers <makx@makxdekkers.com>, 'Bill Roberts' <bill@swirrl.com>, public-gld-comments@w3.org
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
RaphaŽl,

On 5 Apr 2013, at 17:13, RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr> wrote:
> I would also recommend to push back on this, and disagree with Bill, this is not an established practice (or at least, I would like to see evidence of the contrary), nor a practice to encourage.

Multiple popular vocabularies that use this practice have been listed in the thread.

> Yes, and remember that we are talking about directed graph, and that a good practice is to give the direction of the property in its name, thus the hasXXX or the isXXXOf pattern.

That's a convention coming from Description Logics that I haven't seen in any other modelling school. Can you show me something that uses this and is *not* an OWL ontology?

I'm with TimBL on this one:

[[
On the other hand, also one should not encourage people having to declare both a property and its inverse, which would simply double the number of definitions out there, and give one more axis of arbitrary variation in the way information is expressed.
]]
http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/72

Best,
Richard