DCAT: Describing APIs

From: Stuart Harrison <stuart.harrison@theodi.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 07:16:23 +0100
To: public-gld-comments@w3.org
Cc: tech@theodi.org
Hi,

I've just had a look at DCAT, and, as someone who's tried to maintain and submit to government data catalogues in the past, it looks really comprehensive.

The only thing I can see which may be missing is how we describe APIs - these often end up in data catalogues (rightly or wrongly), and, as they're being constantly updated, a lot of things like dct:updated would be meaningless. Are there any plans to add a description for an API, or any other constantly updating dataset?

Cheers

--
Stuart Harrison
Web Developer