DCAT & Provenance

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@theodi.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 14:18:41 +0100
Cc: Stuart Harrison <stuart.harrison@theodi.org>
To: public-gld-comments@w3.org, public-prov-comments@w3.org
Hi,

Looking through DCAT, I notice that there's no property that is recommended for indicating the provenance of a Distribution or CatalogRecord.

Would it be appropriate to include prov:has_provenance as a property of dcat:Distribution and dcat:CatalogRecord, to point to a provenance record? Or dct:provenance to fit in with the other properties.

(I guess one source of my question is that I'm not sure what the rationale is in deciding whether a property is included in DCAT or not.)

Cheers,

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison, Technical Director   theODI.org
+44 (0) 7974 420 482                @JeniT