Re: DCAT and VoID

From: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 11:59:12 +0100
Cc: public-gld-comments@w3.org
To: Alasdair J G Gray <A.Gray@cs.man.ac.uk>
Alasdair,

> Are there plans on combining the specifications?

No, as they target different types of data. DCAT is for describing non-RDF datasets, VoID for RDF datasets.

> Is there a best practice on how to use them together?

DCAT/VoID alignment and best practices are certainly necessary and should/will be done (heads-up: we plan this for an upcoming release of VoID, cf. the long-standing issue on our tracker [1]).

Cheers,
	   Michael

[1] http://code.google.com/p/void-impl/issues/detail?id=63

--