RE: Vocabulary alignment

From: Maali, Fadi <fadi.maali@deri.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:43:48 +0100
To: "Simon Reinhardt" <simon.reinhardt@koeln.de>, <public-gld-comments@w3.org>
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your comments. regarding the DCAT part:

> I also see some other potential mappings or opportunities for re-use:
dcat:Dataset could
> be a sub-class or replaced with void:Dataset [5].

dcat:Dataset can't be a subclass of void:Dataset because it is a more
general concept.
void:Dataset represents an RDF dataset while dcat:Dataset captures any
dataset.
Consideration of other possible mappings (e.g. to dcat:Distribution) are
also possible
see [7] for an initial discussion. Mapping the two vocabularies is
definitely worth
thinking of however I believe deferring the decsion until dcat is used
more in the
wild and usecases become clearer is better for now.

Regards,
Fadi

[1] https://plus.google.com/102497386507936526460/posts/Xswyq5GxdvL
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat/