"knows" definition in "Terms for describing people" draft

From: Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 16:05:52 +0200
To: public-gld-comments@w3.org
Hi.

I've started reading the draft just issued
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-vocab-people-20120405/ and would like to
offer some comments (not being subscribed to the list).

In 4.3 Relating a person to another person

"To state that one person knows another person" : I think that the
"knowing" concept should be defined, or explicitely mention that all
interpretations are accepted (thus referring to the publisher's own
guidelines/docs, etc.), for such a MUST relation.

For instance, is meeting someone IRL a condition for stating known links
according to these specs ?

In FOAF, I can see the comment "A person known by this person
(indicating some level of reciprocated interaction between the
parties)." which doesn't provide more details.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER