"knows" definition in "Terms for describing people" draft

From: Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 16:05:52 +0200
To: public-gld-comments@w3.org

I've started reading the draft just issued
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-vocab-people-20120405/ and would like to
offer some comments (not being subscribed to the list).

In 4.3 Relating a person to another person

"To state that one person knows another person" : I think that the
"knowing" concept should be defined, or explicitely mention that all
interpretations are accepted (thus referring to the publisher's own
guidelines/docs, etc.), for such a MUST relation.

For instance, is meeting someone IRL a condition for stating known links
according to these specs ?

In FOAF, I can see the comment "A person known by this person
(indicating some level of reciprocated interaction between the
parties)." which doesn't provide more details.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Olivier BERGER
Ingenieur Recherche - Dept INF