Re: Status of the Geolocation specification

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 1:31 AM, Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Two years ago [1], I submitted a number of comments on the Geolocation
> specification, which have not received an answer. Since then, a
> Recommendation has been published which includes at least some of the errors
> I pointed out. Has this specification been abandoned? If so, I would like to
> request that the editors release their copyright into the public domain, so
> I can fork the specification into the WHATWG, as this WG is not doing its
> work.

Your comments were about Geolocation V2 API. However, we have decided
not to proceed with that specification:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2012Mar/0023.html

There is no browser vendor support for implementing it.

Thanks,
Andrei