Re: Device Orientation specification co-editor

Hi Tim, Dom,

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> On ven., 2014-01-31 at 13:30 +0000, Tim Volodine wrote:
>> I would also be willing to co-edit the Device Orientation/Motion
>> specification. I have played a major part in implementing Device
>> Motion in Chrome, as well as making sure that our Device Orientation
>> implementation properly matches the specification.
>> [...]
>> I believe Rich Tibbett from Opera also expressed interest in being an
>> editor. I would be happy to edit the specification together.
>
> Indeed, Rich has separately indicated interest on editing that spec;

Yes. I would be happy for us to tackle this together.

In terms of my own background, I tested the original device
orientation implementation in Opera Presto. I have also written a few
orientation-based web-apps and I have also previously edited other W3C
specs.

> while we go through the chartering administrativia, I think it would be
> great if you guys could start bringing edits based on the recent
> discussions. Tim, do you already have write access to dev.w3.org where
> the spec is currently hosted?
> ( http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/geo/api/spec-source-orientation.html )
>
> [it might also be that Rich and you would determine you'd rather edit it
> on github ]

I like the idea of doing this on Github mostly for its ability to
track pull requests via its web interface. Doing this on Github may
also come in handy for getting wider input from developers (e.g. for
obtaining [ bug fixes / feedback / more JavaScript-based API examples
] for the spec).

- Rich