Re: Problem with Geolocation

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 12:29:52 +0500, Ismar <ismar.mujagic@maag-projekt.com>
wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> I have a trouble with geolocation and showing my current position on
> map. I use HTML5 Geolocation API to get data from about my position, and
> always location is wrong for about 20 meters. After couple of refresh on
> the same page I always get a new position. I tested Google example of
> using geolocation on this link
> https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/map-geolocation,
> and it's the same problem. My GPS is turned ON, everything work well but
> I always receive wrong position. Can anybody help me , or explain me
> what is going on with HTML5 Geolocation API.

Hi Ismar,

the problem does not sound like it is the API, but the device and the
location service it is using.

You might have gelocation information at a lower resolution (less accurate
position) than you assume. If your application can tolerate reducing the
precision of the location, that might remove the apparent problem - but if
you rely on high-precision location you really need to look at the
back-end service that you have configured as a user, which might be set by
your browser or might be a configurable option...

cheers

Chaals