Re: DeviceOrientation and addEventListener()

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source-orientation.html still changes the
> semantics of addEventListener(). I would like at least a note be added that
> this is controversial. Or please raise it on www-dom@w3.org as I requested.
>

> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Sep/0005.html has
> an alternative design for a similar API that might work here too. Basically
> you create a source object where events can be dispatched upon.
>
>  var orientationEventTarget = new OrientationEventSource();
>  orientationEventTarget.onXXX = function() { ... }

Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but it looks somewhat similar to what we
discussed in

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2011Jul/0042.html

Anyway, we have the f2f meeting in London on Wednesday and Thursday
and we'll definitely discuss this topic too.

Thanks,