Re: Spec update: deviceorientation event should fire when listener is first registered

* wmaslowski@opera.com wrote:
>Theoretically yes. In practice I don't think this is a problem. Unless
>your application does something like counting how many times the
>orientation event fired this shouldn't really change the way your
>application works. Note that significant change is vague enough so that
>the applications should not make any assumptions about timing at which
>they receive event therefore it is reasonable to assume that receiving
>one additional event should not cause the application to behave any
>different.

If someone makes a game where players have to click a cow while holding
their device steady, they might trigger game over when the listener is
invoked, test, find that does not work because it always gets invoked
shortly after registration, add a check for whether it's the first time,
test, find that works okay. Later they add new functionality not keeping
the odd semantics in mind, someone will sooner or later encounter issues
with that, and whether that is the developer when testing, or users who
complain, is anyone's best guess.

You might find that overall the perceived benefits with this design out-
weigh such negative implications, but there are negative implications.