Re: Spec update: deviceorientation event should fire when listener is first registered

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 13:37:11 +0200, Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
wrote:
> Right. Here's the specification on when to fire the event:
>
> "The event should fire whenever a significant change in orientation
> occurs (...) In addition, when a new listener registers for the event,
> implementations should fire the event as soon as sufficiently fresh
> data is available."
>
> Is there anything not clear / confusing in this statement? If you were
> to implement, would you know what to do?

I think firing when a new listener registers for the event is wrong. Tying
that together goes against the event model. addEventListener() has no such
side effects.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/