Re: compassCalibrated vs accuracy?

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:30:19 +0100, Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
wrote:
> I think this is a good idea, although we'd have to add a separate
> 'CompassNeedsCalibration' event, right?

Yes.

> The system UI would then only
> appear if the app hasn't called preventDefault(). This might work,
> although I am not sure when we would fire such an event...

Presumably whenever devices currently decide it is time to ask the user to
make some weird movements. :-) I.e. when the hardware gives some kind of
signal the user agent has to queue a task to fire the event at some object
with this and that contextual information.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/