RE: enableHighAccuracy as a privacy feature

From: Thomson, Martin <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 02:17:18 +0800
To: Doug Turner <dougt@dougt.org>, John Morris <jmorris@cdt.org>
CC: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, public-geolocation <public-geolocation@w3.org>
> On a similar note, has anyone figured out a good way to fuzz a lat/lon?
> We spoke back at the Dec F2F and I was pretty sure that it couldn't be
> done safely.  I would be very happen if progress was made on this -- I
> would absolutely love having the ability to programmatically fuzz a
> position.

The best method that I've been able to develop requires hysteresis:

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-geopriv-uncertainty-04#section-4.6>

It's a little complicated, but I think that you could make it work.  It does require that you maintain state for each level of fuzziness that you are providing.

--Martin