Re: enableHighAccuracy as a privacy feature

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:03:35 +0100
To: Doug Turner <dougt@dougt.org>
Cc: "Thomson, Martin" <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com>, public-geolocation <public-geolocation@w3.org>
Le mercredi 24 mars 2010 à 09:56 -0700, Doug Turner a écrit :
> I think that there might be many assumptions, but the one that stands out to me is that:
>
> the bad guys will always ask for high accuracy bit,

Right, which means that user agent ought to be particularly careful with
requests that come with the high accuracy bit set - so this is providing
useful information for user agents.

> the people in the "know" will do the "right thing",

Right, which means that for these people at least we'll reduce somewhat
the risk for users.

> and everyone else will be confused.

How so? I'm hoping we can address confusion with outreach / additional
explanations as needed; but I can't tell if that's indeed possible
without more details on why you think they would be confused :)

Dom