RE: enableHighAccuracy as a privacy feature

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 17:51:25 +0100
To: "Thomson, Martin" <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com>
Cc: Doug Turner <dougt@dougt.org>, public-geolocation <public-geolocation@w3.org>
Le jeudi 25 mars 2010 à 00:40 +0800, Thomson, Martin a écrit :
> For one, your proposal places control over privacy in the wrong hands
> - those of the entity least interested in that characteristic.

This is assuming that developers never are interested in privacy, and
that helping privacy a bit for developers that are interested is not
providing any privacy advantage. I guess I disagree with these two
assumptions.

> This attribute is largely meaningless and therefore useless.  A way to
> negotiate accuracy, as a three-way negotiation, is probably something
> that I hope will be considered for the next version.

I agree that accuracy negotiation would be better, but given that I
don't think this can make it for this version, I thought that at least
improving (even by a tiny fraction) the current version was better than
nothing.

Dom