Re: DeviceOrientation comments

From: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:31:18 +1000
To: public-geolocation@w3.org

On 22/07/2010, at 9:53 PM, Dean Jackson wrote:

> My main comment/proposal is that Accelerometer Event should include the ability to return rotation around the 3 axes.

I've realised this is pretty silly. A new event type is a better idea.

interface GyroscopeEvent : Event {
  readonly attribute double xRotationRate;
  readonly attribute double yRotationRate;
  readonly attribute double zRotationRate;

  void initGyroscopeEvent(....

}

This way implementations without gyroscopes don't need to waste space sending null values. Similar to AccelerometerEvents, if you can't support it, you fire one event with all nulls.

Dean