normative reference for browsing context and document origin

From: Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:47:09 +0000
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: public-geolocation <public-geolocation@w3.org>
Hi Ian,

In the Geolocation API spec, section 4.1, we use the concepts of
"browsing context" and "origin".

http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source.html#privacy_for_uas

We reference the definition of these concepts from the HTML5 draft:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-html5-20090423/browsers.html#browsing-context
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-html5-20090423/browsers.html#origin

Since HTML5 is a working draft at this point, the Geolocation WG has
assigned me an action to find definitions for these concepts in other
specifications, which could be normatively referenced.

http://www.w3.org/2008/geolocation/track/actions/31

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any suitable definitions other
than the ones in HTML5. In fact, other specs, such as XmlHttpRequest,
also reference the same definitions in HTML5:

http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/#origin

I was wondering if you have any suggestions or recommendations on this.

Many thanks,