Re: ISSUE-2 (privacy): Should the Geolocation API include privacy information?

From: Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:51:17 +0000
To: John Morris <jmorris@cdt.org>
Cc: Matt Womer <mdw@w3.org>, Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com>, Geolocation Working Group WG <public-geolocation@w3.org>
Hi John,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 1:42 PM, John Morris <jmorris@cdt.org> wrote:
> Well, I think a majority of this WG has decided that its consideration of
> Geopriv has concluded.

Agreed.

> The W3C more broadly has not concluded its
> discussion of Geopriv as it relates to this WG, and so I do not know how
> that should be reflected -- or not -- in the issue tracker.

This being the Geolocation WG issue tracker, I think it should reflect
the status of the issues as viewed by this WG. And, as you pointed out
above, this item is currently concluded.

>But at a
> minimum, there is certainly not a unamimous view within the WG that Geopriv
> should be off the table.

Sure, it's pretty clear we can't have a unanimous decision here but,
at the same time, we also need to move on.