Re: PositionOptions.timeout & UserAgent permission

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> however, i still think the implementations should take the timeout
>> starting
>> point to mean "after the user has granted permission" for many
>> reasons, one
>> being this can not be emulated by window.setTimeout.
>
> Ok...but I'm still struggling to find an example where this behavior
> would be useful. Do you have a concrete example?

I can not.

however, i did mention the weird user interactions we get if the
timeout is based on invocation time -- that is, the permission dialog
could be accepted at the same time that the timeout happens.  The user
would think that they just approved the request, and expect that the
ua starts doing geolocation stuff.

Doug