Re: Civic Address for V2

It's not really the number of fields that's important, right?  If you
don't care about the semantics of the fields, then you can just use one
fields where everything's smashed together.

The important thing about the discussion in the Japanese document is
that Japanese addresses require substantially different *semantics* than
western addresses.  Shoving those in fields with other meanings removes
the whole utility of semantic tagging -- you may as well just use a
single field.

If you need examples, there are more (from Austria) in this document:
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-civic-address-recommendations-02>
There's an example in there that uses 11 different fields in a single
address (in its original format) and 8 in the PIDF-LO format.  The only
reason it uses fewer fields in PIDF-LO is that they defined an
unambiguous conversion to and from that format.  Which, as I've said,
could be an option here.

--Richard