Re: Civic Address for V2

Hi Marc,

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 11:00 PM, Marc Linsner <mlinsner@cisco.com> wrote:
> Andrei,
>
> I'm curious how you propose to reconcile the differences between this
> proposed object and RFC5139?
>
> A client on any IEEE network (Ethernet, 802.11, WiMAX), residential
> broadband, enterprise, and any client a router hop away from a 3G/4G network
> will be receiving a RFC5139 location object from the network.

A W3C Geolocation implementation that would receive the RFC5139
address would simply convert it to the format in our spec. We could
perhaps provide an Appendix with an example that shows how to do the
conversion? I don't know right now what the mapping would be, but it's
something we can certainly work on. What do you think?

All the best,