RE: Civic Address for V2

just some quick ideas inline ... do not take them too serious ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: public-geolocation-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-geolocation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Alec Berntson
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 5:32 PM
To: Richard Barnes; Henning Schulzrinne
Cc: Allan Thomson (althomso); public-geolocation@w3.org
Subject: RE: Civic Address for V2

What are the use cases that require 17 elements to define an address?
The use cases that have been defined in the spec
(http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/) [which would make use of civic address
data, *'d] seem to be well serviced by the simpler format I proposed.

6.1.1 Find points of interest in the user's area*
> cafeteria inside the building

6.1.2 Annotating content with location information*
> meeting room in 3rd floor

6.1.3 Show the user's position on a map*
> is "map" always related to a flat 2D satellite view?!

6.1.4 Turn-by-turn route navigation
> in house navigation --> two stairs up, left, 3rd room to the right

6.1.5 Alerts when points of interest are in the user's vicinity
> Alice' and Bob's room nearby

6.1.6 Up-to-date local information*
> Mobile World Congress: meeting at booth xyz (contact currently
available)

6.1.7 Location-tagged status updates in social networking applications*