Re: updated editor's draft of the Geolocation API specification

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:51:29 +0200, Marcin Hanclik <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com> wrote:
> I am thinking about the case(s) when a problem (maybe reported late)
> would be found and how long we would have to live with the problem.

So far "forever". If content relies on something it becomes near impossible to change.

> That is why I think about versioning.

Versioning does not solve that problem. As far as I can tell in scenarios such as these it just creates more. Because you'd end up with two APIs instead of one just because some people prefer a slightly different name and the cost seems relatively low. (The combined cost of duplicate functionality is high.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/