Re: updated editor's draft of the Geolocation API specification

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:55:51 +0200, Marcin Hanclik <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com> wrote:
> The question is whether standardization process is to document what the
> implementations do based on some earlier versions of the WD/ED, or
> whether it is to create something that builds upon the experiences from
> the existing implementations. The below statements mean to me that
> currently the first assumption from the above is our case.
> Versioning is related to the above question.

In general it is a combination of the two in my experience. Some things can be changed and for some things it is too late or simply not worth it. This is not always ideal but if you never ship you will not change the world.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/