RE: Additional security and privacy considerations?

I agree that the additional sentence should not be added.

Here is an alternative to the text that Doug questioned that may be more
clear:

"In designing these measures, implementers are advised to give users the
ability to know when location information is being shared, and to
provide..."

That text allows for either active or passive measures without
specifically endorsing either.

Perry