Re: Comment on Geolocation API Specification: maximumAge and timeout

On Aug 23, 2009, at 5:15 PM, Thomson, Martin wrote:

> Noah's comments are quite significant in addressing some basic
> usability and interoperability considerations.  Control over the
> rate of notifications is important.

Control over the rate of notification and/or notification based on
moving x distance can easily be built in web content javascript via an
interval.  I believed we discussed this at some, but there isn't a
tracker item for it.  Nor do I find anything on the mailing list
search.  Could it have been at the f2f?  (unfortunately, i only recall
the geopriv debate).

I think that the argument that I recall and agreed with was that some
of these features could be implemented in a higher-level JS library.

Doug Turner