Re: next steps ...

From: Matt Womer <mdw@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 22:50:05 -0700
Cc: Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
To: public-geolocation@w3.org

Hi Andrei, et al,

> Any news about this? Looks like we're all set wrt the work needed to
> be done by our AC representatives.

There has been some movement but we're not quite ready to make the
formal announcement.  I'm hoping this will change in the next 24 hours
or so.  I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I keep believing I'll have
something significant to say only to be delayed.

In the meantime, I'm starting to run the current draft through our
publication rules checker, so you may see me do a checkin on the
specification.  This should help us move toward "First Public Working
Draft" (FPWD) soon.  It's a bit of a misnomer, given that we're
working in the public, but it's important nonetheless.  This should
help us officially publish in short order once we have a Group from
which to publish.  For the details of what we need to do to publish
our FPWD check out [1].

FYI: There's a publication moratorium around the combined Technical
Plenary/Advisory Committee meeting ("TPAC" for short, though the TP
and AC parts only take a day and a half, the rest of the week is taken
up by WG meetings).  Members can see [2] for more info on the
moratorium, but in short we have to have the publication request in
before 13 October or wait until after the 27 October.

-Matt

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/online_xslt/xslt?xmlfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions.html&xslfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transitions.xsl&docstatus=fpwd-wd-tr

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2008AprJun/0066.html