Re: Drop lastPosition from Geolocation?

Hi Martin,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Thomson, Martin
<Martin.Thomson@andrew.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrei,
>
> The changes look OK to me.

Thanks!

> I have two observations only; no alterations:
>
> It might help to be able to indicate that cached information was available but it didn't meet the required constraints.  Doug and I discussed a couple of alternatives for expressing this.  I don't care whether this is included or not; it's a trade-off between a simple approach and providing more explicit feedback.

I see. It's just that I thought that an application can achieve
similar functionality with the existing features. Please have a look
at the last example at

http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/Overview.html#introduction

> The value for maximumAge is measured in seconds.  The value for timeout is measured in milliseconds.  I can't see how changing either would be beneficial, but you need to be very clear to avoid confusion.  I don't think that the current text could cause problems, but you need to be aware of the potential for problems.

Ok, changing to milliseconds.

All the best,