Re: Position Heading Questions?

Hi Greg, Martin
It has been already proposed, please read this thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2008Oct/0017.html

I suggested (with little success :-) ) the use of two new parameters, the
"facing" or azimuth (taken from the compass) and the "elevation angle"
(taken from accelerometers) corresponding to the horizontal coordinate
system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizontal_coordinate_system)<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizontal_coordinate_system>

I know it is not exactly location, it is device orientation, but it could be
useful for some location-aware applications. It could be used for example to
identify stars or constellations in a hypothetical sky-map system or any
"point-to-identify" application.

Regards,

Angel