Re: Forward/backward compatibility

From: Greg Bolsinga <bolsinga@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:36:45 -0800
Cc: Richard Barnes <rbarnes@bbn.com>, public-geolocation <public-geolocation@w3.org>
To: Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>

On Nov 13, 2008, at 8:39 AM, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> If by 'Civic' you mean address, then I agree that that placing it on
> the Position interface is the right thing to do. So, as far as
> extensibility goes, I think we agree. I am not sure about the naming,
> as 'civic' seems to be something pertaining to a city. Anyway, that's
> a discussion for v2.

I'd also suggest that portions of the Position may not have values on
different callbacks. I can see where perhaps it could know your lat/
long but not your civic address, or perhaps on subsequent callbacks it
would fill out more of the civic address (country, followed by region,
city, street, etc.)

Thanks,
-- Greg