Re: Reminder: join Geolocation WG

Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Matt Womer wrote:
>>
>>> We're going to have our first teleconference soon
>>>
>> Are telecons really necessary here?
>>

> We had the first teleconference yesterday and, while it was really
> nice to meet everyone who was on the call, I'm a little concerned.
> Many of the people who are actively involved in the discussions on
> public-geolocation were not on the call, so I don't feel comfortable
> making API design decisions in such circumstances. I wonder if it
> wouldn't be better to have telecons only on-demand, if we need to
> discuss technicalities that are relevant to various W3C processes, and
> leave the actual design work happen on public-geolocation only? What
> do people think?
>
> Many thanks,
> Andrei

Andrei,

I agree. I think the actual API design work should be done on the public
mailing list in order to get as broad participation as possible.
I also think occasional telephone conference and f2f meetings are
beneficial when there's a clear agenda and we have specific issues that
are better discussed in such fora.

Lars Erik