Re: What about Reverse Geocoding?

Wouldn't the simple thing to do be to just provide in the API a way to
deliver location as a civic address?  See [1] and [2] for the some ideas
on how you might structure such an object.

That way, a location provider that knows natively about a civic address
can provide it, and a location provider that only knows geodetic
location can geocode.  This would leave the whole question whether and
how to geocode out of the API, leaving it up to the location provider.

--Richard

[1] <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4119>
[2] <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5139>