Re: wording for the privacy section

Hi Alissa,

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 8:49 PM, Alissa Cooper <acooper@cdt.org> wrote:

Frankly, I would be astounded if even the small number of sites that already
> obtain location information using the existing version of this API (1)
> delete location data after some amount of time less than many years, and (2)
> commit to not sharing location information with others.

... but in this particular case we have regulation controlling it, why
should we need a specific policy item?

"Storage time – storage of location data is only permitted for the length of
time necessary for providing the service. It cannot be stored after that,
except for billing and payment purposes. If it is, it must be rendered
anonymous."
http://ec.europa.eu/justice_home/fsj/privacy/docs/wpdocs/2005/wp115_en.pdf

Regards,
Angel