Re: Geolocation API

From: Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:02:27 +0100
To: "Alec Berntson" <alecb@windows.microsoft.com>
Cc: "Shyam Habarakada" <shyamh@microsoft.com>, "public-geolocation@w3c.org" <public-geolocation@w3c.org>

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Alec Berntson
<alecb@windows.microsoft.com> wrote:
> [AlecB] I am assuming that lastPosition cannot be accessed, or will be null
> until the user gives permission to this page, right? What if the user
> revokes permission after giving permissions  will lastPosition be nulled
> out at that point?

Sure, all properties and methods of the API can only be accessed if
the user granted the appropriate permission. Not sure yet what the
exact behavior would be if an app tries to access them without having
acquired the right permissions first. In Gears we currently throw an