Re: DOM based API

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:44:20 +0000 (UTC)
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, public-geolocation@w3.org

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008, Mark Baker wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 12:49 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
> > Our goal is to invent an API, not to invent a markup language.
>
> Says who?

There certainly is a group of people on this mailing list who want an API
and not a markup language. It may be that to optimally address the use
cases and requirements of that group of people as well as the group of
people who want a markup language, we will need two specs. I believe
Andrei is volunteering to edit the spec that defines the API. If anyone
wants to volunteer to write a spec to define a markup language, I think
that would be great. A good place to put it would be:

   http://dev.w3.org/geo/ml/

Alternatively, we could reuse the geo Microformat as the markup language.

Cheers,