Re: Schema for Aircraft

Dear Rob:

The best place to put this forward is the schema.org mailing list

    https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-schemaorg/

and the GitHub repository

    https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues

You will basically just need a subtype

    http://schema.org/Aircraft

of

    http://schema.org/Vehicle

and a few additional properties that are essential to aircraft. One might think of core subtypes of aircraft, like airplane, helicopter, glider, but I would not go into too much detail in schema.org (maybe in a schema.org extension). Keep in mind that schema.org needs subtypes only if the consumers of schema.org data require that distinction for their processing.

You can also always use types from http://www.productontology.org, like so:

    <link itemprop="additionalType" href="http://www.productontology.org/id/Helicopter" />
    Product description:

And there is