Re: Scope Proposal

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 09:36:03 +0100, Conceiro Igueregui, Alexander
<alexander.conceiro@tecnalia.com> wrote:

> I think that if you´re using HTML5 technologies is assumed that you are
> targeting mobile devices also (maybe in the long run) not only desktop.
> At least that is our case.

And as a browser maker it is our case too.

> But maybe, you're right and there's a need to differenciate needs for
> mobile users. We're not seeing any word on mobile devices in some
> proposed specs and would be of interest to us if we can target different
> devices using the same codebase and API (obvious).

In general, the answer should be yes. Designing specs for noly a subset of
the devices people use breaks the vale proposition that the web is
everywhere.

Which is why the "input and control" specs are really interesting. How do
you make a game work on a touch screen tablet, a TV, and a laptop, without
going insane adding divergent variants of controller listeners?

cheers

> my 0,02 cents
> a.

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan litt norsk