High performance timers and Web Perf

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 17:40:32 -0700
To: public-games@w3.org

I just wanted to report that the Web Performance group talked about the
high performance times requirement yesterday [1].

We've been changing our specs recently to allow sub-milliseconds:
Throughout this work, time is measured in sub-millisecond resolution
since the start of the navigation of the root document, as recorded in
the navigationStart attribute. For example, a timestamp value of 1.5
would be 1.5 milliseconds since the start of the navigation of the root

However, we do realize that the current is still vague and that
developers would probably want more guarantees on what
"sub-milliseconds" means.

We expect to put a short document together within two weeks on that.
I'll send a pointer to it.

Hopefully, that will address the use case. If it does not, let us know.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/09/games/#timers