Re: [css-animations][web-animations] steps() timing function sometimes unintuitive

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 11:43:17 -0800
To: Rachel Nabors <rachelnabors@gmail.com>
Cc: Brian Birtles <bbirtles@mozilla.com>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>
On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 12:40 AM, Rachel Nabors <rachelnabors@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) as an animator discrete makes no sense at all to me. I don't even know
> where I'd begin explaining it to a student or a fellow animation wonk. Vote
> down.

I'm actually super-curious about why this doesn't make sense to you.
How does saying "the animation happens in discrete steps, rather than
a continuous change" feel to you?

> 4) I encourage this conversation to happen with the animation community at
> slack.animationatwork.com

Definitely. I keep forgetting to sign up for that, done now. ^_^

> 5) Otherwise and I light of #3 above, might I suggest chunk(x)? As often
> this behavior is described as "taking and animation and splitting it into
> even chunks"
>
> 6) oh hey, maybe split(x)...

Yeah, these aren't bad imo.  Definitely ones to put on the list.