Re: Grayscale, lacuna value, and optional argument

For what it's worth, this seems to be how -webkit-filter is implemented.
In other words, -webkit-filter: grayscale() applies 100% grayscale filter
(in Chrome anyway, haven't tested Safari).

For implementers of the standard property, neither Edge nor Firefox
currently support the function without a parameter, so changing the lacuna
value would not break anything that isn't already broken.

I also agree that it is more useful/logical to have the default function be
complete grayscale.

~ABR