[strokes] CSS fill/stroke spec + questions

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 15:32:19 -0800
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Cc: "public-fx@w3.org" <public-fx@w3.org>
Per an FXTF meeting some time ago
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Jun/0678.html>,
fantasai and I have been drafting fill/stroke as applied to text in
CSS, and with the extensions needed to handle multiline text,
hierarchical elements, and multi-layer (background-like) paints.

Currently this lives in the Text Decoration 4 ED
<https://drafts.csswg.org/css-text-decor-4/>.  Is this appropriate, or
should it live somewhere else less directly text-centric?

We're also unsure exactly how much of fill/stroke to define in this
spec.  Should we take over the entire model, copying text from SVG, or
should we only define the syntax, and the rendering parts that are
relevant to CSS, letting SVG define the rendering parts important to
it?