Re: [geometry] Why does DOMMatrix.setMatrixValue accept only a string transformList?

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 12:52:18 +0100, /#!/JoePea <trusktr@gmail.com> wrote:

> DOMMatrix.setMatrixValue
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/geometry-1/#dom-dommatrix-setmatrixvalue-transformlist>
> accepts a DOMString transformList. Why not accept the same things the
> constructor accepts (which can be more performant that passing a
> DOMString
> for parsing)?

 From https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2014AprJun/0118.html
it looks like it was added to match MSCSSMatrix and WebKitCSSMatrix.

I will note that the constructor for DOMMatrix per the editor's draft is
just

[Constructor(sequence<unrestricted double> numberSequence)]

and then there are a few static methods for other inputs. In particular,
we wanted to avoid overloading, and presumably we should avoid that here
also.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software